The Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Training (CLEST) was created in 1975 for the purpose of establishing minimum selection and training standards for admission to employment as a law enforcement officer in Arkansas. All applicants for law enforcement positions must meet the requirements established by CLEST and complete CLEST approved training to obtain their certification. The commission is comprised of a director and ten members representing law enforcement, education, and the general public that meet quarterly to review training and certification matters. The Office of Law Enforcement Standards oversees employment, training, and certification requirements established by the CLEST.
Commission on Law Enforcement Standards & Training
#4 State Police Plaza
Little Rock, AR 72209
Phone: (501) 682-2260
Fax: (501) 682-1582
- Commission On Standards and Training
- Law Enforcement Training Academy
- Auxiliary Law Enforcement Officers
- Radar Instructors and Operators
* Copies of the documents used for verification will be retained by the employing agency and must be available for examination at any reasonable time by representatives of the Commission.